|ESL's very own CS:GO skin collection|
26.10.2014 - 00:49 Uhr - bOOn
ESL is proud to present its very first CS:GO skins, which are now available in the workshop. The ESL Collection, designed by ESL graphics artist Viktor Schenk, will offer users some cool skins that embody the look and feel of ESL, the organization that brought you the game’s two latest majors at Katowice and Cologne.
The ESL Collection in the STEAM workshop:
However, these skins, available for the M4A4, M4A1-S, AK47 and AWP, need your help to make it into the game. Just like any other skins, the ESL Collection has been released to the workshop to give users the opportunity to decide if they like them or not. If enough people do, it will help to introduce them to the game and the revenue will be put towards a soon-to-be-announced new ESL CS:GO project in order to cover such costs as prize money, travel support for teams as well as the overall production.
Alexander "crtmN" Nehr, ESL’s product manager and CS:GO head referee, said of the skins:
“Quite some work has gone into this release. The ESL Collection is only a first step regarding ESL content on the workshop and definitely not the last. These four skins are meant to give something back to the CS community that has massively supported us at the two ESL majors. If the ESL Collection - or just one of its skins - makes it to the game, the full revenue will go towards ESL’s upcoming CS:GO projects, so a vote for the ESL Collection is a vote for more ESL CS:GO. On that note, stay tuned for an upcoming release next week that I’m sure all CS:GO fans will love!”
|CS:GO Update Released|
25.10.2014 - 04:16 Uhr - bOOn
Release Notes for 10/23/2014
– Fixed masks drawing through smoke.
– Fixed grenades getting stuck in chickens.
– Doom sticker is no longer invisible.
– A VAC error message will now take the user to a KB article to help resolve the error.
23.10.2014 - 12:07 Uhr - bOOn
Ah Halloween: a time for costumes, chickens, and spooky fun.
This year the CS:GO team will be ushering in the season with an update celebrating all manner of holiday shenanigans.
Each of our hardened operators have decided to have a little Halloween fun by wearing masks, be sure to look for masks from PAYDAY 2 and Team Fortress 2!
Ghost In The (Spent) Shell
Death comes for us all eventually, and during our Halloween event you once again have a chance to see the ghosts of your fallen friends haunting the battlefield.
A Murder Most Fowl
BEWARE! For with all these treats, also come tricks. For too long the chickens of CS:GO have idly watched as their brethren were slaughtered by the droves, and on All Hollow’s Eve there is no more room in Chicken Hell.
In addition to the seasonal fun, this weekend (Oct. 24-26) marks the FaceIT LAN finals. Not only is a $50,000 prize purse up for grabs, but this is a great opportunity to watch some of the top teams in the world. Marvel at their skill. Pick up a few pointers. But above all else: be thankful you’re not playing against them.
Happy Halloween everyone!
|CS:GO Update Released|
23.10.2014 - 09:58 Uhr - FallGuy
Release Notes for 10/22/2014
– In game characters are now celebrating the spooky season with masks.
– The spirits of fallen friends have again risen to haunt player death cameras (they show up in the world during death/freeze cameras in game).
– When there’s no more room in Chicken Hell….
– Added convar sv_holiday_mode (set to 0 on the server to disable holiday festivities).
– Fixed radius damage from exploding HE grenade to not get applied to last bot’s location where bot had been taken over by a human.
– Bots can no longer be controlled by humans during warmup.
– Updated inventory inspect animation to reveal both sides of knife blades.
– Added six new offers community stickers.
–Fixed wallbang inconsistency through closed window in apartments near Bombsite B
–Optimized placement of blue potted plant T side of mid
–Made balcony at Bombsite B slightly larger
–Opened up skybox from CT spawn to Bombsite B
–Added relaxing windchimes to CT spawn
–Fixed bugs where players could get stuck on roof overhangs
–Fixed some textures with wrong surface properties
–Removed some wacky boost spots
–Updated collision model on pillars in Ruins
|CS:GO Update Released|
16.10.2014 - 05:35 Uhr - bOOn
Release Notes for 10/15/2014
– Moved achievement icons to images on disk. The win panel now uses those images.
– Fixed OSX audio options
– Win/Lose round music cues now play music from the equipped music pack.
– Fixed bug where many items would be rendered with incorrect lighting causing them to appear very dark or black.
– Fixed a bug with entity lookup from player userid that was causing incorrect position/facing/team info for players in game events.